How can you clear gate being from a tier 3 college

Most of the people who write GATE usually fall into three categories.
  • They don't get a good package in their Btech. so they write GATE to get into IIT's, NIT's or IIIT's to get one.
  • And the others are who are really interested in research and pursue their masters in the same area.
  • And there is one more category. These are the people who think "Yar de dete hai, kya pta luck kaam kr jaye or ho jaye" these are tukkabaaz.
First, let me talk about the third category who are dreaming of getting into IIT's with their luck. Let me tell you, my friend, what makes you think it will happen. If it were to happen you would not be in the situation you are right now. You would have cracked IITJEE or AIEEE (JEE mains). If not any other exams which you gave at that time. I am sure you would have given many exams. If you were lucky toh kisi mai toh hota. Fir bhi if you think you can do it this time no offence you can try. But let me tell you, there are 100000+ students giving the exam every year. Out of these only 10000-15000 are seriously studying and preparing very hard to clear GATE. Or mujhe lgta hai yeh log tumse acha tukka mar denge because they have better understanding of the subjects. Now, what makes you think you can compete with these people and get into the premier institutes like IIT's. Acho hoga 1500/- khi or lga do.

Now coming to the 1st category. This was my category as well. I knew that I was not among those genii minds but one thing I knew was that I can do whatever it takes to clear gate. I had hard work as the tool to crack GATE. You might wonder how only hard work could work for anyone. Believe me, it does works and it will work for you as well. The only thing needed is that 1st step from your side. Things I used to do were nothing out of ordinary. If any concept I used to feel is difficult then I used to read it and try to understand it so many times that finally at the end of the day it would be on my fingertips. Lot of people think that "yar yeh toh ratta mar rha hai" Bhai isko ratta nhi bolte. This is called as practice. I used to practice till I feel there is no need of that. Ratta is something you read and mug up without understanding. Doing this will make the concepts go deep in your brain. And when you will sit in exam to answer the questions, believe me, you'll be faster than most of the people. Moreover your hold over the concept increases and that's what is needed in GATE. How much good you are with your concept. One more thing I did was not going for advanced concepts. I just stick to my basics and made sure whatever I read, I was good in it. I know most of you people who are reading this post are in the same category. Believe me, my friends, if you put your hard work and soul into it. You will cherish your hard work throughout your life. Yehi aakhri exam hai after the painful engineer jo ki tumhe khi or le ja skti hai. Make sure you give your best.

Now coming to second category people. They don't do much but practice in last two months and make it to IIT's. I have been to IISc where I met some people. I asked them how did you prepare for GATE and the answer surprised me. They said they never explicitly prepared for GATE. Some of them were like "We just went through our notes which we prepared during our engineering and cracked GATE". And the reason for that was they were from good colleges or they had good faculties. I don't say they are not good but these two things played a major part in their success. The thing is most people have the capability to achieve many things but they hesitate to try or have fear of failure. This is the bold move taken by you. Don't step back. Now is the time to prove to yourself that you can achieve big. ALL THE BEST! I know I was way too informal in this post. But I had to be kyuki wrna log smjhte nhi hai.

This was all about this topic. As always if you like the post, share it. If you have any queries, or you want to suggest something you can always ping me on Facebook or mention in the comments section below. I will be happy to help. You can follow me on Facebook or google+. 
Don't forget to follow the blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't loose hope you can do it